“Pad printing is a printing process that can transfer a 2-D image onto a 3-D object. This is accomplished using an indirect offset (gravure) printing process that involves an image being transferred from the cliché via a silicone pad onto a substrate. The unique properties of the silicone pad enable it to pick the image up from a flat plane and transfer it to a variety of surfaces, such as flat, cylindrical, spherical, compound angles, textures, concave, or convex surfaces”.
Pad printing benefits:
- Provides excellent resolution.
- Better option when working with halftones, defined edges, and other fine details.
- High resistance and durability of inks.
- Metallic inks like Gold and Silver ink for stunning results.
- Able to offer perfect color matching (PMS).
- More superior, durable and cost effective than labels.
- Produces higher quality graphics and resolution.
- Capable of printing very fine detail far exceeding screen printing.
- Better edge definition.
- Printing on irregular surfaces.
- Possibility to print into depressions.
- Physically sensitive products can be printed.
- Cost effective for small or large runs.
- Prototypes and Proof’s can be produced economically.